Election Day is less than a week away and Ohio VIP would like to remind voters, election workers and outside poll workers to keep your eyes and ears open for instances of election fraud and irregularities.
Problems include but are not limited to:
- Campaigning or people wearing political apparel inside of the precinct or inside of the 100 foot flagged area around the polling location
- Poll workers instructing voters which candidates to vote for.
- Other people instructing voters about candidates inside the 100 foot flags.
- Poll workers that are not checking the voter’s ID or accepting improper IDs.
- Poll workers letting provisional voters vote a regular ballot.
- Poll workers who are sleeping on the job, combative with co-workers or voters or appear to be incapable of performing their jobs.
- Any discussions from voters or workers about voters who are receiving benefits for their votes (ie. gift cards, meals, etc.)
- Anything else you see or hear that seems unusual.
Please document these occurrences as thoroughly and accurately as possible and include:
- Your name
- Precinct name and location
- Time of occurrence
- Names of all persons involved. Poll workers should be wearing name tags. If you don’t know their name, describe the person by the job they performed and what they looked like.
- Use your cell phone to take pictures or videos of occurrences. Although cell phones are not allowed to be used inside of the polls by voters, if there is something going on that is egregious, we need photo documentation of the event.
Write down your experience and report all incidents to your county Board of Elections ASAP! Also report the incident to Ohio VIP by emailing us at email@example.com, faxing your report to 513-561-0655, or calling us at 513-561-6872. Since we will be working the polls ourselves on Tuesday, if there is something that needs to be addressed immediately, call your county BOE.
Thank you for helping to ensure that our election laws are followed by all on November 4th!