Ohio VIP Poll Worker Training Webinars-
These training webinars were produced for Ohio VIP by Carl Brown of Impact Marketing Firm. Although they are geared towards Ohio and Ohio’s election laws, they are meant to be used nationwide. The links below include the webinar and accompanying training handouts.
Ohio VIP training does not replace the mandatory training given by the County Boards of Election. The content of these webinars is based on the poll worker training information provided by the Ohio Secretary of State and the Hamilton County Board of Elections.
- Why poll workers are important
- Three ways to prevent voter fraud
- Poll Worker responsibilities
- Election Day Duties
- Managing the polling location
- Job assignments
- Check in Table
- Guidelines for processing voters
- Voter assistance
- Regular voters
- Photo ID examples
- Acceptable IDs
- Unacceptable IDs
- Signature Poll Book – Special Designations
- Processing Voters – Flowchart
- Reasons for Provisional Voting
- Processing Provisional Voters
- Closing the polls
- Recording the total signatures
- Ballot Accounting Chart
Click here for a powerpoint presentation of Ohio VIP’s poll worker training. Quick Time Player required.
Click here for additional poll worker training resources.